Except where stated otherwise, each Day Out gives between 4 and 5 hours at the destination, but less if the Day Out covers more than one destination. Within each Day Out description a departure code is given which corresponds with the departure times from various local pick up points shown in the timing chart. Bear in mind that although the coach may leave it's first pick up point on time the pick ups later down the route may be affected by traffic conditions. Traffic congestion, ferry or tunnel delays may mean a later return.
We regret that we cannot be held responsible for delays in arrival or return times caused by traffic congestion. Please allow plenty of timefor travel to the pick up point and ensure that you are there at least 10 minutes before the published departure time. We are unable to offer a refund should you miss the coach. Additional stops cannot be made.
Tickets for all Days Out must be booked in advance. This can be done online at www.buses.co.uk, by telephone on 01273 886200 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) or in person at either 1 Stop Travel at 26 North Street, Brighton BN1 1EB, or Brighton & Hove's office at Conway Street, Hove. BN3 3LT. Allow 5 working days for telephone bookings, so we may post your tickets to you.
Please make sure that you print out your E-TICKET confirmation. as this is your Day Out ticket.
We accept Mastercard, Visa and Switch / Maestro cards.
Once you have booked, your Day Out ticket can be used on any Brighton & Hove or Metro bus for travel to and from your Day Out pick up point.
Late Bookings can be made up to 12 noon on the working day before travel, in this case you must print your booking reference to show to the driver of your Day Out coach.
All seats are allocated at the time of booking, your ticket will show the date of travel, pick up point, destination and seat number. Although we endevour not to make mistakes these can occur, it is your responsibility to check that the details are correct. Brighton & Hove cannot be held responsible for any errors and refunds will not be given.
Please call us on 01273 886 200 if any amendments to your ticket are needed.
Seat numbers are not valid on any trip that is shuttle service only, although when booking on-line you will select a seat this will not be your allocated seat.
Concession prices where stated apply to everyone over the age of 60 years of age, proof may be required. Please be advised that concessionary prices are not availble on every trip. The concession price is not restricted to residents of East & West Sussex. Where the venue does not allow a concession price then the coach element will then be discounted.
Where the ticket price includes entry fees or extra services this will be stated in the description, otherwise if admission is not included this will be shown as coach only or shuttle service.
In some cases a special Day Out to a venue may be listed where no discount is available and this will be mentioned in the description for the specific Day Out trip. National Trust, English Heritage, Royal Horticultural Society member card holders must show their card at the venue as requested to ensure that they receive the discount available. If no card is presented further charges may apply.
PLEASE NOTE: If you forget your membership card for any venue and you have purchased a coach only ticket Brighton & Hove will not be responsible for your entrance fee.
It is your responsilbility to inform us that you are a N/T, E/H or RHS member at the time of booking. If after booking your trip to a venue where you are a member you realize you have not had the discount applied it will be at Brighton & Hove's discretion to refund the difference. Refunds can only be made up to 24 hours before the trip runs.
Please note that there is no longer a discount for online bookings. If you request a copy of your ticket an admin charge of £5.00 per ticket may apply.
We welcome all passengers with disabilities and will do as much as we can to ensure that they are catered for on our Day Out programme, however please note that we can only accept folding wheelchairs weighing less than 20kgs and these will be stored in the coach luggage hold. We do not have provision for wheelchair access onto the coaches due to their construction.
Motorised scooters cannot be carried without seeing them before hand as there is no provision for securing them in the luggage hold. If you intend taking a wheelchair with you on a Day Out trip please make this clear at the time of booking.
We cannot accept any responsibility or be liable for any damage caused by the stowage of wheelchairs / scooters in the luggage hold.
We strongly recommend that you purchase insurance cover for your Day Out to cover the possibility of cancellation due to your illness and for any loss or damage to personal items. Although the coach will be kept locked at all times when left empty, we cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to personal items.
SMOKING & ALCOHOL POLICY.
Please note that we operate a NO SMOKING policy on all our Day's Out trips and all bookings are taken on this understanding. The consumption of alcohol is not permitted on our coaches and if carried should be in the luggage hold, not in your hand luggage.
Everyone should be able to work and travel without the fear of violent or anti - social behaviour and attacks. Our staff and customers are no different.
All matters of complaints will be dealt with as received. CCTV is in operation on all our vehicles.
All of our coaches are fitted with seat belts and under present legislation you must use the seat belt whilst on the coach.
Disabled passengers are not exempt from the current seat belt legislation and therefore seat belts on the coaches must be worn.
CANCELLATION BY US.
Please book early for your chosen Day Out. If there are insufficient numbers we reserve the right to cancel that Day Out trip.
You will be offered the choice of transferring onto another Day Out (subject to availability) or receiving a full refund. We regret we cannot accept any liability should any of the listed events be cancelled or changed by the organizers at short notice or should adverse weather conditions affect boat trips or journeys. We reserve the right to alter itineraries without prior notice.
We cannot be held liable for any tickets that you purchase for venues if the Day Out is a shuttle only service.
CANCELLATION BY YOU.
If you need to cancel your Day Out booking for any reason please return your tickets to the address below, charges apply to each ticket on a sliding scale as follows;
14 working days or more before departure. £3.00
7 - 13 working days before departure. £6.00
3 - 6 working days before departure. £9.00
Less than 3 working days. No refund will be given.
A working day is 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Telephone messages and emails do not count towards the cancellation time period.
In addition, if we have already paid admission, theatre tickets, ferry costs or other charges on your behalf then we regret that these cannot be refunded.
To mitigate cancellation charges please see the section on insurance.
If you have received your ticket and need to cancel or make changes as something is wrong, then please return your ticket or call us.
Promotion for Days Out Coach Trips
1. Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited (trading as Spirit of Sussex) is offering a single £15.00 voucher to use towards the cost of your next Days Out coach trip. All you have to do is purchase at least five seats on one transaction on our Days Out coach trip service in accordance with these terms to receive this one voucher.
2. By participating in this promotion, you agree to be bound by, and agreed to have read and understood, these terms.
3. This promotion is available now and throughout 2019. However, please note that vouchers issued under this promotion must be used for travel before and including 31st December 2019. Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited (the Promoter, we, us, ours and our) is not liable to you in any way whatsoever if you fail to take up the promotion and use the voucher for travel after this date. After this date, no further applications will be permitted.
4. We reserve the right to cancel or amend this promotion and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any change in applicable law or regulation or in the event of something outside our control. Any changes will be notified to you as soon as possible.
5. To be eligible to receive the voucher, you must:
(a) have purchased at least five seats on one transaction on our Days Out coach trip service and such purchase taking place either in one of our travel shops or by calling our customer ticket line on 01273 886 200 (noting that you will be charged the standard rates by your operator);
(b) be at least sixteen years of age;
(c) be a UK resident;
(d) have completed the registration at the point of purchase of the five seats on our Days Out coach trip service or you must already be registered with us and have agreed to receive marketing from us;
(e) not be an employee of the Promoter or of any affiliated company of the Promoter, nor be a family member of that employee or an agent of, or any other person engaged by, the Promoter, noting that we reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all participants;
(f) when using our services, you comply with our standard terms and conditions of carriage (conditions of carriage) which apply to all of our bus services (in the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the conditions of carriage, the conditions of carriage shall prevail.
6. The promotion is open to everyone but is limited to one voucher per person, family, household and address. The voucher is issued to you as the addressed recipient and cannot be transferred, sold or be auctioned. If you have been issued a voucher over the phone, we will post it to you at your home address.
7. If you are not the intended recipient, or within the intended category of recipient, then the offer is null and void. You cannot do bulk applications. Further, we do not offer a cash or other alternative.
8. The voucher can only be used in respect of any Days Out coach trip service and cannot be combined with any other voucher, offer or discount or on any other service other than where we agree otherwise (including where our Days Out coach trip service is not operating due to unforeseen circumstances). You do not need to purchase an additional Days Out coach service ticket to use the voucher: the voucher will be exchanged for the seat ticket.
9. No application for a voucher will be accepted by email or through any web browser: you must do this in person, either in one of our travel shops or calling our customer ticket line as set out in Condition [5(a)] above. Please note that an exchange of the voucher for a specific ticket on a requested Days Out coach service is based on availability of seats for that particular service: the promotion is therefore subject to such availability and we are not liable to you if there are no spaces available on that particular service. So you should look to book your ticket as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
10. You must look after the voucher and make sure it is not damaged at all. If we believe that the voucher presented for exchange is not valid or has been damaged beyond use such that we cannot identify if the voucher is valid, we will not be liable to you in any way whatsoever.
11. We take your privacy very seriously. Where we take personal details from you (such as where we send the voucher to you following your booking of the five seats (or more) of the Days Out coach service over the telephone), those personal
12. You may print off these terms or, alternatively, you can write to Donna Guyver at Brighton & Hove Buses, 43 Conway Street, Hove, East Sussex BN3 3LT, including a self-addressed stamped envelope to receive a copy of these terms.
13. These terms (and any non-contractual dispute connected with these terms) are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. To the extent permitted in law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any loss, damage, liability or injury suffered due to entering this promotion and using the voucher issued thereunder. In the event of any dispute regarding these terms, the Promotion contemplated hereunder and / or any other matter relating to, or arising out of, these terms and the Promotion, the Promoters decision is final and we will not enter into any written correspondence or verbal discussions in respect of such dispute.
Day's Out Coach Office
43 Conway Street
01273 886 200